Kimpira is an easy to find food for Japanese people.
In other countries, I was not sure how it would be. But I was happy to find it well
received by my foreign students.
Ingredients (for 2person)
* 4cm carrot
* 1/2 burdock root
* 3cm lotus root
* seasoning ➡︎3tsp sugar, 1tbsp soy sauce, 1tbsp mirin, 2tbsp sake , 1pinch salt
1. Wash the burdock root and scrape off the skin.
2. Cut the burdock root into about 4cm long matchsticks and put in water for a few
3. Peel the carrot and cut thinly into matchsticks 4cm as well.
4. Peel the lotus root also and quarter-round cut.
And put in water for a few minutes.
5. Heat sesame oil over medium heat and stir-fry the drained burdock,lotus root and
carrot until they are soft.
6. Add sugar, and another seasoning ,then stir-fry until the liquid is gone.
7. Optionally add sesame , chopped red chili pepper and dried young sardines.